The LIS Coordinator is responsible for the operation of the Laboratory computer Information System (LIS) and coordination of its operation with other hospital department systems. Essential tasks include maintaining the daily LIS operation; providing LIS technical support; troubleshooting LIS software and hardware problems (may require minor hardware repairs); maintain LIS records and reports; prepare and update LIS policies and procedures; and analyze: and interpret LIS data.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
• General knowledge of laboratory operations, including reporting schedules, billing procedures, overall specimen collection, specimen processing, reporting workflow, and instrument interfaces.
• Demonstrated organizational skills.
• Demonstrated skill in communicating with physicians, nursing staff, laboratory staff and other laboratory customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to function as a project manager in developing and directing LIS upgrades and implementation.
• Computer literate - ability to use word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• High degree of initiative and professionalism required.
• Leadership, management and strong communication skills.
• Baccalaureate degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or related health science specialty.
• Masters degree preferred.
• Five or more years experience in a hospital laboratory setting.
• Experience as an LIS system manager (preferably Sunquest LIS).
• Experience with regulatory compliance and College of American Pathologists laboratory standards preferred.
• Current California Clinical Laboratory Science (CLS) license preferred.