Provides social work services to patients and families to facilitate their ability to cope with psychological and social problems related to illness and hospitalization. Provides appropriate discharge planning, abuse detection and reporting, referral, consultation and counseling services.
This position requires providing care and service to a critically ill through rehabilitating patients, from newborn through geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an strong understanding of the functional and/or developmental age of the individual, significant and immediate family members served. Allows for privacy and modesty in the provision of care.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of San Gabriel Valley Medical Center. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support San Gabriel Valley Medical Center’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
· Identifies self by name and title to patient/family.
· Assists in determining presence/type of Advance Directive.
· Reports suspected cases of abuse/neglect, if identified.
· Understands role of, and how to access, the Bioethics Committee.
· Facilitates timely and appropriate patient and family Goals of Care Conferences.
· Completes initial assessment/care within required time frames.
· Performs subsequent assessment/care at required intervals.
· Ensures psycho-social assessment/care includes actual/potential needs.
· Ensures spiritual assessment/care includes actual/potential needs.
· Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into assessment/care.
· Correctly differentiates between normal/abnormal findings.
· Facilitates Group Interventions (Group Therapy, Support Groups).
· Coordinates mandated reporting of child abuse/neglect.
· Coordinates mandated reporting of elder abuse/neglect.
· Coordinates mandated reporting of domestic/partner abuse.
· Provides appropriate psychotherapeutic intervention to patient/family in crises.
· Arranges for appropriate referrals to community services.
· Provides appropriate discharge planning.
· Provides staff education and coaching on social service issues.
· Assess special services for patients related to conservatorship public administrator, California Children’s Services and others.
· Willing to work Variable Shifts, alternating weekends (a must), rotating after-hours call (as needed)
· Perform other duties as assigned.
CA License as a Clinical Social Worker preferred\
Current BLS Card
Current Management of Assaultive Behavior Training and Certificate required