The Property Manager is responsible for the operation of the Medical Office Buildings along with Seton Coastside, overseeing Tenant Management, building maintenance, EVS and various project management. Ensures continual effective operations and is responsible for the compliance of State and Federal regulations. Maintains and improves facilities to meet the demands of the organization. Oversees the planning, prioritization, and implementation of action plans to achieve annual goals, targets, and improvement metrics.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
• Oversees plant operations of Medical Office Buildings along with Seton Coastside
• Oversees Tenant Management
• Oversees building maintenance, EVS and various project management.
• Ensures continual effective operations and is responsible for the compliance of State and Federal regulations.
• Maintains and improves facilities to meet the demands of the organization.
• Oversees the planning, prioritization, and implementation of action plans to achieve annual goals, targets, and improvement metrics
• Oversees the physical plant and maintains it to meet regulatory requirements.
• Oversees all construction and facility projects.
• Assumes responsibility for the departments/services continuous, effective operation and for the improvement of performance
o Manages daily department services.
o Integrates the department/services into the organizations primary functions.
o Integrates and coordinates services with those of other department services to continuously improve the Medical Center’s overall performance.
o Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
o Conducts data analysis, cost projections, and profitability analysis as needed to optimize revenue and expenses
o Continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services.
o Anticipates future trends and continuously uses broad knowledge and perspective to create competitive strategies and plans.
• Negotiate, renew and maintain all medical office building and property Negotiate, renew and maintain all medical office building and property leases.
• Identifies business strategies and opportunities to improve the value of services provided, improving outcomes, safety, service, and cost.
• Develops operational systems that are capable of achieving growth targets.
• Develop and manage the Capital Budget for the Medical Office Buildings (MOB).
• Negotiate all vendor contracts.
• Supervise and participate the development of construction projects/modifications to the interior and exterior of buildings and grounds.
• Supervise and coordinate programs and systems to safely maintain buildings, properties and grounds, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, elevator, fire and life safety systems.
• Supervise all tenant improvement projects.
• Continually work to improve Tenant/Physician Relations at each hospital.
• Work with physician tenants to insure a proper patient and visitor environment.
• Ensures a safe, efficient, and effective working environment through the on-going development, implementation, maintenance, review, and analysis of work in order to meet targets/goals and the needs of patients, physicians, and staff.
• Recommends space and other resources; manages the maintenance programs for all equipment.
o Plans for new technologies and replacement of existing equipment.
o Monitors operational costs and negotiates maintenance contracts.
o Ensures equipment meets State and Federal requirements.
o Ensures equipment is safe for patient use.
• Maintains and administers the Seton Operation System for continuous monitoring and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
• Promotes a culture of safety, continually evaluating the delivery of services that result in eliminating harm.
• Analyzes statistics and takes appropriate action as necessary, including flexing staff to meet labor standards.
• Implements cost containment measures when applicable.
• Implements revenue enhancement ideas.
• Demonstrates effective time and fiscal management of multiple tasks and competing priorities.
• Monitors compliance with all applicable external agency regulations and the Corporate Compliance program.
• Ensures compliance of all personnel to safety standards, Hazardous Materials Management program, Risk management/prevention and Infection prevention.
Human Resource Management
• Demonstrates sound personnel management and leadership principles including coaching, teaching, inspiring, forging alliances and collaborating to negotiate resolution of issues.
• Promotes employee growth and development through effective leadership, communication, and use of resources.
• Uses effective interviewing skills to hire qualified, proficient, and compassionate staff.
• Demonstrates awareness of and ability to apply knowledge of current developments in healthcare.
• Participates in and encourages staff participation in professional organizations.
• Is aware of and understands and values of the diverse local environment. Is sensitive to the impact of varying belief systems on patient care and organizational effectiveness.
• Ensures that staff are annually assessed for competency and performance that are compliant with the organizational values and job description requirements.
• Performs active daily management to ensure that operations are efficient and achieve a state of continual regulatory readiness.
• Set and holds standards for performance, patient care delivery, and department operations.
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital related communications, documents, and records.
• Maintains clinical and management skills and expands knowledge base.
• Performs required duties in accordance with prescribed hospital policies and procedures.
• Maintains a positive attendance record and is prompt in reporting to work.
• Assesses personal learning needs and utilizes available resources in self development to address learning opportunities.
• Demonstrates active listening skills and treats all contacts with dignity and respect.
• Accomplishes objectives within prescribed time frames by prioritizing and organizing workload.
• Ability to work under stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Bachelor degree in affiliated area of responsibility, Master’s preferred
• Five years facilities or building management experience.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
• Effective written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with various individuals both inside and outside the organization; and able to understand and create reports/presentations/proposals.
• Proficient with computer systems including but not limited to MS Office.