· Provides local wound care as ordered.
· Applies dressings as ordered or as appropriate to the type of wound.
· Documents nursing interventions using the FOCUS charting format.
· Demonstrates knowledge of procedures and post-care.
· Follows established protocols for patients at high risk for suicide or unpredictable behavior.
· Follows established protocols for patients at high risk for falls and skin breakdown.
· Follows appropriate Code Blue notification procedures.
· Functions in a Code Blue quickly and calmly providing CPR, administering and documenting medications/interventions accurately.
· Effectively prioritizes clinical interventions and care.
· Communicates significant changes in patient’s condition/status in a timely manner.
· Understands actions, side-effects, contra-indications of drugs.
· Follows five “rights” of medication administration.
· Adheres to medication policies, practices and standards.
· Administers medication, intravenous therapy and fluid management only on physician request and guidance.
· Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
· Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
· Differentiates between patient complications and equipment malfunction.
· Uses the following equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s operating instructions, including but not limited to:
· IV Pump
· PCA Pump
· Tube Feeding Pump
· Chest Tube Suction
· Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of a RN School of Nursing
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bilingual (English/Spanish/Vietnamese/Chinese) preferred
Current California RN License
Current BLS, ACLS, PALS Card
Current MAB Certification