Assesses patient/family health problems and resources, takes a leadership role in the development, implementation and outcomes evaluation of a plan for nursing care provided by the nursing team. Provides technical nursing care and interventions to designated patient populations.
This position requires providing service to a one or more age populations including an ill neonate through geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served. Admission coordination, make nursing assignments, coordinate shift activities and quality control functions.
· Provides local wound care as ordered.
· Applies dressings as ordered or as appropriate to the type of wound.
· Documents nursing interventions using the FOCUS charting format.
· Demonstrates knowledge of procedures and post-care.
· Follows established protocols for patients at high risk for suicide or unpredictable behavior.
· Follows established protocols for patients at high risk for falls and skin breakdown.
· Follows appropriate Code Blue notification procedures.
· Functions in a Code Blue quickly and calmly providing CPR, administering and documenting medications/interventions accurately.
· Effectively prioritizes clinical interventions and care.
· Communicates significant changes in patient’s condition/status in a timely manner.
· Understands actions, side-effects, contra-indications of drugs.
· Follows five “rights” of medication administration.
· Adheres to medication policies, practices and standards.
· Administers medication, intravenous therapy and fluid management only on physician request and guidance.
· Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
· Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
· Differentiates between patient complications and equipment malfunction.
· Uses the following equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s operating instructions, including but not limited to:
· IV Pump
· PCA Pump
· Tube Feeding Pump
· Chest Tube Suction
· Other duties as assigned.
Looking for a location to work that is just right? AHMC is expanding to become one of Southern California's premier health care systems. With over 200,000 total patients treated annually in our more than 1,293 bed health network in LA, Riverside and Orange County, AHMC is the perfect place to maximize your career. While we have the flexibility and security of a large health system, we never compromise on patient care. With multi-lingual facilities, private patient rooms in select hospitals and multiple facilities with a first-rate cardiac surgical services department, we strive to provide top of the line service to all our patients.
With competitive benefits including 401k matching and benefits for employees and eligible dependents, a family-oriented work environment and a diverse staff, AHMC is the perfect place to build your career.