The Network Administrator is responsible for overseeing the organization’s computer systems or database networks to ensure proper maintenance and security. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The Network Administrator is instrumental in ensuring the stability and integrity of voice, data, video, and wireless network services as the primary contact in planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. This person will also troubleshoot network performance issues, as well as analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions. The Network Administrator analyzes and resolves wireless local area networks (WLAN) hardware, software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training where required. The Network Administrator is also responsible for the organization’s telecommunications infrastructure which includes configuring, diagnosing, repairing, upgrading, and optimizing telephone systems and services, voicemail, and VoIP/IP-PBX communication systems, and video conferencing environments, both internally and those integrated with Internet-based services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain AHMC Servers located at Alhambra Hospital and troubleshoots AHMC Network
• Manage all routers, switches, and firewalls at AHMC Corporate and AHMC Facilities
• Define, direct, monitor, and participate in the operations of the AHMC Data Center including the following areas:
o Server hardware and software
o Data back-up
o Disaster Recovery
o Change management
o Patch management
o Asset management
o Others as designated
• Responsible for planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization.
• Troubleshoots network performance issues, as well as analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions.
• Direct, monitor and participate in end-user support for Systems
• Develop, implement, and maintain IT policies, procedures, and processes to support best practices for data center operations and systems administration.
• Develop and maintain work plans to implement initiatives and special projects on-time and within budget
• Designs, configures, diagnoses, repairs, upgrades, and optimizes telephone systems and services, voicemail, and VoIP/IP-PBX communication systems, and video conferencing environments.
• Participate and assist in implementing the Knowledge Management Process.
• Assists to resolve escalated customer and vendor issues.
• Provide backup support to other technical positions.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision.
• Maintain a high level of employee morale within the team.
• Disaster recovery planning and testing.
• Maintain and enhance cooperative interdepartmental and vendor relationships and communications.
• Provide support for data center operations.
• Attends and participates in meetings, committees, and training sessions as directed by Director of Information Technology.
• Participates in the analysis of Information Technology options to meet research and educational needs as it relates to server technology.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and second tier on call.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Healthcare experience preferred.
• Must have the ability to speak, interpret and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
• Specific experience and/or education in LAN/WAN systems, TCP/IP, Intern, Microsoft Office Products, Windows and Linux Operating Systems, administration of server based information systems
• Help desk experience required
• Multi-facility support desired
• Experience in firewall management
• Experience in managing telecommunications services to business desired
• Experience in managing vendor selection and implementation required
• Experience in managing systems administration operations required
• Technical certifications are a plus
• Advanced degree or equivalent in Information Discipline, MCSE, or related IT Experience.
AHMC provides management services to AHMC Anaheim Regional Medical Center, Garfield Medical Center, Greater El Monte Community Hospital, Monterey Park Hospital, San Gabriel Valley Medical Center, AHMC Seton Medical Center, AHMC Seton Medical Center Coastside, Doctors Hospital of Riverside, and Whittier Hospital Medical Center. The facilities are Medicare and Medi-Cal certified and accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The hospitals provide healthcare services reimbursed by Medicare, Medi-Cal, traditional insurance plans, PPO, HMO and under capitated arrangements.