· Identifies customers and their service requirements.
· Analytical decisions are based on current and valid data.
· Maintains awareness of and complies with both internal and external information reporting requirements.
· Adheres to policies and procedures to support the provision of services.
· Coordinates admission, discharge, transfer of patients based on InterQual criteria. ED admits and transfers are on the unit within one hour of order written.
· Maintains HIPAA requirements and assists the staff to meet confidentiality requirements.
· Attends leadership meetings, supports management decisions, and transmits information to staff.
· Performs death pronouncement.
· Assures standards are consistent with the mission, values and strategic plans of SGVMC.
· Assures standards are consistent with accepted professional and community practices.
· Assures standards comply with local, state and federal law and regulatory requirements.
· Collaborates with other department heads to assure the smooth integration of services.
· Assures representation on multidisciplinary task forces/committees, as requested.
· Submits accurate and timely status reports to senior management and/or Medical Center committees, as required.
· Completes nightly administrative report according to policy and procedure.
· Rounds all nursing units a minimum of two times each shift.
· Attends/Reviews department staff meetings to keep informed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing
Bachelor’s degree in nursing
At least five years clinical experience in an acute care hospital
Two years recent supervisory experience
Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Current California RN License
Current BLS and ACLS Certification required