This position is responsible for providing patient care in a safe and effective manner. Responsibilities include directing PCA activity, synthesizing patient information, assessment of patients, planning of care/intervention, teaching of patients/family, implementation of treatment plan, MD orders, documentation and evaluation. Integration of patient care standards are incorporated into all clinical activities.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of AHMC Anaheim Regional Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values of AHMC Anaheim Regional Medical Center and AHMC Healthcare Inc. The employee shall support AHMC Anaheim Regional Medical Center’s strategic plan and goals and direction of the performance improvement plan. The employee will also be expected to support all organizational expectations including, but not limited to; Customer Service, Patient’s Rights, Confidentiality of Information, Environment of Care and other initiatives.
A. Consistently applies infection control policies/practices.
B. Meets population/age specific competencies.
C. Attends department specific education/training, in services, and staff meetings.
D. Department specific performance improvement project.
E. Uses the Nursing Process as the framework for management of patient care.
F. Provides leadership and clear direction to all members of the healthcare team.
G. Provides for psycho-social, spiritual and cultural needs of the patients, family, and others.
H. Provides for the education of patients, family, and others.
I. Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently provide care in emergency situations.
J. Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently administer medications, intravenous therapy, & basic fluid management.
K. Demonstrates the ability to safely and competently use equipment, supplies, & perform therapeutic/diagnostic interventions.
L. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current CA RN license
Current ACLS (Excludes NICU)
Current NRP (Labor & Delivery / OB Acute / NICU)
Basic Dysrhythmia Class completion: Optional for RN with at least 6 months experience, and successful completion of EKG competency exam
Unit specific certification:
A. Meets customer service expectations.
1. Promotes a service culture – AHMC- ARMC Customer Service Standards.
2. Demonstrates the customer satisfaction standards set for the institution.
3. Actively participates in ways to prevent customer complaints and dissatisfaction with services.
4. Focuses attention and actions on what is best for the patient or customer.
5. Attempts to identify all customer needs and tries to meet and/or exceed expectations.
6. Interacts with all customers in a caring manner.
7. Contact with others is polite and proactive.
8. Promotes a positive teamwork environment.
9. Creates closure after interactions.
10. Communicates effectively in a positive, respectful and concise manner.
B. Demonstrates Core Values and supports Mission, Vision and Values and Code of Conduct.
1. Can articulate and demonstrates support for organizational goals, the Mission and Vision of the Institution and the core values.
2. Assures patient/family rights are respected and fulfills the Medical Center’s Patient Safety Philosophy.
3. Maintains confidentiality of patient information and Medical Center business matters.
4. Complies with all established policies and procedures.
C. Safeguards self/others and physical plant and equipment.
1. Demonstrates and understands personal and department role in the security, health, life and safety plans.
2. Demonstrates and understands role in the hazardous materials plan and can access information on MSDSs.
3. Demonstrates and understands the role in the hospital emergency and disaster plan.
4. Follows procedures for reporting faulty equipment or service problems.
D. Performance Improvement
1. Participates in performance improvement activities.
2. Understands and advocates AHMC- ARMC initiatives.