Under the direction of a Registered or Licensed Vocational Nurse, provides basic nursing care and implements selected aspects of the patients nursing plan of care.
This position requires providing care/service to an acutely ill through rehabilitating patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of San Gabriel Valley Medical Center. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support San Gabriel Valley Medical Center’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
· Follows appropriate Code Blue notification procedures
· Effectively prioritizes clinical interventions and care
· Basic hygiene and nursing care such as:
· Patient safety measures
· Vital sign measurement.
· Intake and Output.
· Obtaining/transporting of specimens.
· Feed patients with swallowing difficulties following individual guidelines and orders from speech therapist
· Applies restraint devices, following all requirements for use of and documentation
· Non-sterile dressings/binders.
· Oral cavity suction.
· Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
· Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Uses the following equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s operating instructions. Including, but not limited to:
High school graduate or equivalent
Bilingual (English/Spanish/Vietnamese/Chinese) preferred
State of California Nursing Assistant Cert.
Current BLS required
MAB (must obtain within 90 days upon hire)