The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting the Director Of Finance with the collection of data, preparation of financial reports, creation of tables, development of presentations, data analysis, financial analysis, accounting analysis, et al., to support all general accounting, general finance, cost accounting, revenue integrity, strategic planning, and business development endeavors.
As a member of AHMC Seton Medical Center’s Accounting and Finance functions, this position is part of a highly visible team that works closely with Executive and Functional leadership to support critical strategic and financial decisions. In this role, the Senior Financial Analyst is expected to be a thought partner and to closely collaborate with Hospital and other key executives of AHMC SMC’s business partners to drive meaningful financial and strategic decisions backed by strong financial analysis. AHMC SMC is seeking an experienced and results-oriented individual with a demonstrated track record of developing high-quality quantitative and qualitative analyses to support and deliver on the system’s financial processes. The Senior Financial Analyst will support a high-performing team that can draw quick insights and resolution through analytical abilities, strategic outlook, and financial acumen. The Senior Financial Analyst also assists in reviewing department revenue cycle functions and prepares the facility community benefit reports. This position is proficient in the use of various software programs such as excel, word, power point, trendstar HSL, trendstar CCA, SIS surgery, IBS budgeting, MS4 patient accounting and Meditract contracting.
All tasks related to the monthly close process of financial statements. Completes all expense analysis for monthly financial statement close including department, sub-account, accounts payable and accruals. Development of ad-hoc financial models that are routinely required for various strategic, financial, tax and regulatory requirements.
Assists with the preparation of the facility operating budget. Formulates all department work books for labor hours, salary and non-salary expenses. Assists the Director with preparation of gross and net revenue calculations. Performs financial analyses of all fiscal year initiatives. Assists in preparing the facility capital budget. Monitors the capital budget throughout the fiscal year. Prepares capital equipment requests (CERs). Designs and executes analyses that identify, validate and track profitable strategic actions.
Prepares all facility financial analyses related to departments, service lines, procedures, physicians, and new and existing programs and services. Prepares departmental monthly operating expense variance analyses of actual versus budget results. Reviews department productivity results on a daily and bi-weekly basis. Ad-hoc analysis of the financial feasibility of the system’s strategic decisions, key performance and financials indicators (“KPIs / KFIs”) that define “success” for implemented decisions.
Completes facility quarterly community benefit reports. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest industry trends.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s in Business Administration or Bachelor’s in Healthcare Administration required, with a special focus on Finance or Accounting
• Preferably working towards CFA / CPA designation or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in finance, financial planning, accounting, financial modeling, financial analysis, data analysis, or strategic planning, preferably in the healthcare industry
• Experience in developing and performing a variety of quantitative and qualitative analyses (e.g. valuations, IRRs, proformas, business plans, regression analyses, project finance, etc.)
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively interface, influence and build alignment with individuals and multi-disciplinary teams across all levels of management
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Strong accounting and finance skills with the requisite knowledge and ability to support AHMC Seton Medical Center’s accounting and finance functions.
• Strong analysis skills. Identifying, designing and executing analyses that identify, validate and refine profitable strategic actions for Verity
• Interfacing cross-functionally with members of the AHMC Seton Medical Center leadership team to engage in problem-solving, to execute analyses, and to support implementation of validated strategies