Responsible for providing high quality patient care, displaying good skills in assessment, psycho-diagnosis, treatment planning, group treatment, individual treatment, family treatment, and discharge planning. Additionally, he/she is expected to function well as a member of the multidisciplinary team and participate in the unit community relations program. This position requires providing care and/or service to a critically ill through rehabilitating geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional and/or developmental age of the individual served.
· Ensures patient dignity and respects patient values.
· Operates within ethical standards.
· Able to assess and reassess the needs of the patient.
· Properly documents assessments.
· Able to communicate needs of patients.
· Completes psychosocial evaluations on assigned patients in a timely manner. Displays good
interviewing, diagnostic, and report-writing skills.
· Conducts therapies in accordance with patient diagnosis and needs.
· Provides efficient discharge planning throughout treatment process.
· Completes progress notes and assessments according to program procedures.
· Completes individualized treatments plans for each patient.
· An active member of the interdisciplinary team.
· Conducts individual psychotherapy sessions in accordance with state/regulatory standards,
displaying good theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and good treatment technique.
· Conducts family therapy sessions in accordance with state/regulatory standards, displaying good
theoretical knowledge of family therapy principles and good treatment technique.
· Conducts group therapy sessions in accordance with state/regulatory standards, displaying good
theoretical knowledge of group therapy principles and good group therapy technique.
· Engages in timely, efficient discharge planning. Works in close conjunction with patient, family,
nursing staff, and attending physician. Shows good knowledge of referral/placement process and
available community resources.
· Functions cooperatively as a member of the treatment team.
· Facilitates hearings with courts for holds and other legal applications.
· Will have knowledge of CA LPS regulations and follow the guidelines.
· Works sufficient hours to ensure effective performance. In on 24-hour call to respond to