Coordinates all administrative and nursing activities, directly and indirectly relating to patient care, to ensure that a standard of excellence is maintained in the quality of care delivered to patients at the Medical Center during the assigned shift. The Administrative Supervisor shall be considered “Administrator in residence” after normal business hours. Responsible for evaluation/execution of bed control.
This position requires providing managerial/administrative supervision to a facility which provides care/service to a normal through critically ill, neonatal through geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional and/or developmental age of the individual served.
· Identifies customers and their service requirements.
· Develops and implements policies and procedures to support the provision of services.
· Adheres to policies and procedures to support the provision of services.
· Coordinates admission, discharge, transfer of patients based on InterQual criteria. ED admits and
transfers are on the unit within one hour of order written.
· Maintains HIPAA requirements and assists the staff to meet confidentiality requirements.
· Attends leadership meetings, supports management decisions, and transmits information to staff.
· Performs death pronouncement.
· Assures standards are consistent with the mission, values and strategic plans of SGVMC.
· Assures standards are consistent with accepted professional and community practices.
· Assures standards comply with local, state and federal law and regulatory requirements.
· Collaborates with other department heads to assure the smooth integration of services.
· Assures representation on multidisciplinary task forces/committees, as requested.
· Submits accurate and timely status reports to senior management and/or Medical Center committees, as
· Completes nightly administrative report according to policy and procedure.
· Rounds all nursing units a minimum of two times each shift.
· Attends/Reviews department staff meetings to keep informed.