The Certified Nurse Assistant, reporting to the Nursing Unit Director, with assignment and direction from the Registered Nurse &/or LVN. This position is directly responsible for the delivery of high quality individualized basic nursing care. The Nursing Assistant supports the hospital mission and vision. The Nurse Assistant utilizes knowledge of patient’s age, developmental status, spiritual and cultural diversity into the provision of patient care. The position contributes to the provision of safety and quality nursing care that results in positive outcomes in patient care.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
- Completion of Nursing Assistant Course, Current certification for Nurse Aide (C.N.A.).
- · High School Graduate or equivalent experience preferred
- · Six months acute hospital experience preferred.
- · Current Basic Life Support/AHA ,NRP.
- 6 Months from hire: Birth & Beyond Breastfeeding Certificate