Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the OB Tech performs patient care activities in the care of the Obstetrical Services patients undergoing cesarean and vaginal deliveries. The OB Tech knows the philosophy and objectives of the nursing department and supports these premises. This position requires providing care/service to a newborn through childbearing age in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual serviced.
· Basic hygiene and nursing care.
· Feeding and Bathing and Oral care.
· Bed linen changes.
· Patient safety measures.
· Vital sign measurement.
· Intake and Output.
· Obtaining/transporting of specimen.
· Provides assistance in the Maternity Services Department following directions of
· Provides Housekeeping support to maintain clean environment.
· Follows appropriate procedure for entering patient charges.
· Supports clinical practice standards.
· Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
· Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
· Uses equipments in accordance with manufacturer’s operating instructions.
· Demonstrates knowledge of obstetric surgical procedures.
· Anticipates needs for surgical cases.
· Prepares equipment, supplies and instruments.
· Passes instruments, sutures and supplies.
· Maintains a correct sponge instruments and needle count.