Assesses patient/family health problems and resources, takes a leadership role in the development, implementation and outcomes evaluation of a plan for nursing care provided by the nursing team. Provides technical nursing care and interventions to designated patient populations. This position requires providing service to a one or more age populations including an ill neonate through geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served. Admission coordination, make nursing assignments, coordinate shift activities and quality control functions.
- Applies dressings as ordered or as appropriate to the type of wound.
- Documents nursing interventions using the FOCUS charting format.
- Demonstrates knowledge of procedures and post-care.
- Follows established protocols for patients at high risk for suicide or unpredictable behavior, falls and skin breakdown.
- Follows appropriate Code Blue notification procedures.
- Functions in a Code Blue quickly and calmly providing CPR, administering and documenting medications/interventions accurately.
- Communicates significant changes in patient’s condition/status in a timely manner.
- Understands actions, side-effects, contra-indications of drugs.
- Follows five “rights” of medication administration.