Reporting to and under the authority of the Director of Materials Management, this position performs a broad range of projects and purchases for the Materials Management department. Interacts with hospital departments & vendors. Also requires knowledge of current operating system and negotiates pricing with vendors.
· Directs purchasing activities such as value added analysis, purchasing research, buying, expediting, product
specifications, bid analysis, contract negotiations for supplies and services, and the maintenance of appropriate
records and files.
· Negotiates contracts, terms, conditions, and prices for materials and services.
· Purchases under the guidelines of current GPO (Group Purchasing Organization)
· Works with Department heads & other hospital personnel facilitating supply & capital equipment acquisition &
· Runs and maintains Back Order report on a timely manner
· Runs and maintains Rental report
· Manages Equipment rentals throughout the hospital
· Contributes to the creation & maintenance of a safe, positive & motivating work climate by attitude & example
on an ongoing basis.
· Identifies potential personnel problems or issues and implements corrective actions in a timely matter.
· Ensure in-services & continuing education programs for all associates of the department are developed,
scheduled, & documented.
· Documents and/or communicates to the Director of Materials Management all incidents, injuries & such other
information required for the safe, orderly and progressive activity of the department.
· Demonstrates the ability to organize time, prioritize activities and solve problems.
· Assures standards comply with local, state and federal law and regulatory requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.