Directly responsible for planning, organizing, directing & controlling all facets of the Human Resources & Employee Health departments. Actively participates on the Administrative Team. Monitors & advises the Executive Team Members on all issues as it relates to and affects Human Resources & Employee Health, the Medical Center and the provision of total patient care. Works collaboratively & cooperatively with all colleagues, divisions and with members of the Medical Staff to accomplish the strategic goals and to achieve & enhance the Mission of the Medical Center. Fosters and maintains an atmosphere that encourages professionalism. Promotes efficiency through sound & effective cost measures with a primary focus on providing quality health care.
The incumbent ensures compliance with all federal, state, local laws and TJC requirements as it relates to the area of human resources. This position plans, organizes and directs all aspects of human resources.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of AHMC Anaheim Regional Medical Center. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support AHMC Anaheim Regional Medical Center’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of the Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
Nature and Scope (Essential Functions)
The incumbent ensures the effective implementation of facility personnel and employee relations plans and programs. Plans, directs, and administers corporate and facility policies and procedures in areas of employment, salary administration, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, and training and development. Plans and recommends new programs and improvement of existing programs. Initiate change or modification to existing policies to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, competitive practices and operational objectives.
This position counsels with all levels of facility management concerning personnel and employee relation matters. Directs and determines termination of employee is conducted in a fair and appropriate manner. The incumbent ensures that disciplinary action is administered consistently with federal, state local laws, and company policies and procedures.
Administrate the workers’ compensation program to obtain planned results, and meet budget guidelines. The incumbent is responsible for the handling of claims. Claims management dictates working with the industrial clinic, claims adjuster(s), attorney and injured worker to ensure expected results are achieved in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
The incumbent must attend training to ensure knowledge of changing regulations, laws and TJC requirements. This position must attend facility and corporate meetings.
1. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the HR Department.
2. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the effective implementation of personnel and employee relations.
3. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and administrating corporate and facility policies and procedures.
4. The incumbent is responsible for employment issues, salary administration, employee relations, benefits, workers compensation, training and development.
5. The incumbent is responsible for the supervision of the facility human resources staff.
6. This position counsels all levels of facility management concerning personnel, wage and hour, and or employee relation issues.
7. This position is responsible for managing workers’ compensation claims in order to achieve a positive outcome.
8. The incumbent is responsible for implementing programs and training to minimize the frequency and severity of employee injuries.
9. This position is responsible for ensuring the facility complies with all federal, state, local laws and company policies and procedures related to employment and employee relations.
10. The incumbent is responsible for the training and development of employees in order to achieve successful succession planning.
11. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring equal opportunity employment is exercised at all times.
12. The incumbent is responsible for the proper recruiting of qualified personnel in order to meet the needs of the facility.
13. This position is accountable for the implementation of programs and policies that will minimize employee turnover in order to meet expected retention goals.
14. The incumbent must abide by all legal regulations, company policies and procedures.
15. This position is responsible for resolving conflict of interest issues.
16. The incumbent is responsible for demonstrating the highest level of integrity and making ethical decisions.
17. This position is responsible for maintaining human resources TJC requirements.
18. The incumbent oversees the AQMD program.
19. The incumbent oversees the administration of benefit programs, recruitment and leaves of absence at the facility.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources management or related area, or a combination of education and experiences, from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired, is necessary.
2. Eight years of directly related management experience is required. Previous experience in the healthcare industry desired
3. 3 years hospital human resources experience as a generalist.
4. Must have knowledge of federal and state laws.
5. Must be computer literate and knowledgeable with HR/Payroll computerized information systems.
6. The incumbent must have general mathematic skills.
7. Must have general knowledge of budgeting.
8. The incumbent must have TJC experience.
9. The incumbent must have excellent human relation skills.
10. The incumbent must have excellent written and oral communication skills.