In conjunction with nursing and ancillary departments, coordinates and supports the assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating of clinical education services for the Medical Center. Supports the management staff in assuring that staff development activities are consistent with current education standards and accreditation requirements.
Plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates patient education services as well as community health education and wellness programs.
The Clinical Educator Coordinator provides oversight and coordination of all elements of the nursing program, in collaboration with nursing leadership. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, and evaluating patient care to assure appropriateness of treatment plan and nursing intervention. This position collaborates with nursing management and the Education Department to develop and implement staff education. The incumbent’s responsibilities also include planning and the evaluation of compliance with regulatory bodies and national guidelines for stroke management.
- Assists nursing and ancillary department manages in identifying the learning needs of their respective staff.
- Develops and coordinates staff educational programs to meet the identified needs
- Assures that staff education activities adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
- Evaluates the delivery of staff education activities in terms of positive outcome and quality improvement.
- Provides educational services in cost-effective manner
- Serves as a resource to staff and supervisory personnel in meeting their educational needs
- Assists other departments in the development and implementation of mechanisms designed to test associate competency in job performance.
- Supports department safety related functions as needed
- Supports management in assuring that staff development activities are consistent with current education standards and accreditation requirements.
- Assures that a sufficient number of regulatory mandated clinical educational activities are offered on an annual basis to hospital staff
- Assures that all documentation of educational activities are complete, accurate, and comply with regulatory standards
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of educational processes relative to validating the clinical competence of nursing and appropriate allied health staff
- Coordinates the provision of BLS classes for the Medical Center; is responsible for all phases of the BLS program
- Assists nursing and allied health managers in identifying learning needs of their patient population.
- Develops and coordinates patient educational programs to meet the needs identified.
- Evaluates the delivery of patient education services in terms of positive outcome and quality assurance.
- Assures patient education material and supplies are appropriate for age and cultural diversity of the patient population
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a patient teaching documentation system consistent with current education standards and accreditation requirements.
- Develops and provides community education and wellness programs to meet the population needs.
- Conducts staff development in services to improve the teaching skills of nursing and allied health personnel
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in patient education and networks with community agencies and other outside resources to insure high quality programs.
- Develops community and education classes to meet the learning needs of our population.