In collaboration with the Directors, Unit Supervisors and/or Director of Nursing, this position is responsible for staffing nursing areas. Effectively performs all tasks required to provide staffing that meets regulatory agency and hospital standards. Is also responsible for assuring that the bodies of deceased patients are legally and expediently released to the appropriate agency.
· Initiates daily nursing office activity sheet and updates throughout the day. (Sends to nursing office report group the following day)
· Entries from clipboard into ANSOS.
· Entry of all paperwork including, vacation requests, sick notes & schedule changes.
· Entering all changes & alterations from staffing sheets into ANSOS.
· Copying the previous days staffing sheets for all of the Nursing Directors.
· Keeping track of decedents – Always have a plan B in mind (in case the morgue
· Entry of acuity numbers into the catalyst program.
· Entry of daily nursing variance report.
· Answering heavy volume of incoming phone calls.
· Staffing for various shifts including, finding staff to the number required per matrix,
covering sick/absent calls & multiple phone calls to find staff.
· Entering “New Hires” into ANSOS.
· Updating the daily registry report.
· In-putting of new monthly schedules.
· Keeping Registry files current.
· Other duties as assigned.