This position provides a front line, first impression to patients, visitors & guests of the Medical Center. Utilizes knowledge of the hospital & departments to provide directions and assistance in a professional friendly manner.
· Proper phone manners at all times.
· Accurately takes messages with date and time.
· Accurately transfers calls, uses call forwarding, call waiting and call pickup.
· Takes messages for personal phone calls except in cases of emergency.
· Has a good working knowledge of Printers for cards and labels.
· Professionally communicates with physicians, nurses, ancillary staff and patients.
· Has good working knowledge of the film file area-all aspects.
· Answers patient calls from holding area.
· Accurately schedules procedures for all of Diagnostic Imaging.
· Accurately follows protocols for scheduling procedures requiring anesthesia, involving
OR and Floor, recovery, surgi-center, etc.
· Perform other duties as assigned.