Under the direction of a Registered or Licensed Vocational Nurse, provides basic nursing care and implements selected aspects of the patients nursing plan of care. This position requires providing care/service to an acutely ill through rehabilitating patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
· Follows appropriate Code Blue notification procedures
· Effectively prioritizes clinical interventions and care
· Basic hygiene and nursing care such as:
Bed linen changes
· Patient safety measures
· Vital sign measurement.
· Intake and Output.
· Obtaining/transporting of specimens.
· Feed patients with swallowing difficulties following individual guidelines and orders from speech therapist
· Applies restraint devices, following all requirements for use of and documentation
· Non-sterile dressings/binders.
· Oral cavity suction.
· Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
· Assures equipment is in operating order prior to use.
· Uses the following equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s operating instructions. Including, but not
Blood pressure measurement devices
Skin pressure relieving devices
Application/management of traction, inmobilizers, CPM