Provides social work services to patients and families to facilitate their ability to cope with psychological and social problems related to illness and hospitalization. Provides appropriate discharge planning, abuse detection and reporting, referral, consultation and counseling services. Care and/or service to a critically ill through rehabilitating newborn through geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional and/or developmental age of the individual served.
· Allows for privacy and modesty in the provision of care.
· Identifies self by name and title to patient/family.
· Assists in determining presence/type of Advance Directive.
· Reports suspected cases of abuse/neglect, if identified.
· Understands role of, and how to access, the Bioethics Committee.
· Completes initial assessment/care within required time frames.
· Performs subsequent assessment/care at required intervals.
· Ensures psycho-social assessment/care includes actual/potential needs.
· Ensures spiritual assessment/care includes actual/potential needs.
· Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into assessment/care.
· Correctly differentiates between normal/abnormal findings.
· Facilitates Group Interventions (Group Therapy, Support Groups).
· Coordinates mandated reporting of child abuse/neglect.
· Coordinates mandated reporting of elder abuse/neglect.
· Coordinates mandated reporting of domestic/partner abuse.
· Provides appropriate psychotherapeutic intervention to patient/family in crises.
· Arranges for appropriate referrals to community services.
· Provides appropriate discharge planning.
· Provides inservicing to staff on social service issues.
· Accesses special services for patients related to conservatorship public administrator,
California Children’s Services and others.
· Perform other duties as assigned.