The Radiologic Technologist Lead (Mammo) is responsible for performing a variety of radiographic, fluoroscopic and specialized procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision, under the general direction of a radiologist and Radiology Administration. Collaborate with department and multidisciplinary team to ensure quality patient care and department service. Ensures compliance with MQSA regulations.
1. Image Quality: Consistently produces quality digital images within hospital guidelines and department standards (i.e. patient safety, repeat rate, exam protocols, image processing, etc.)
Documentation: Accurately completes documentation according to hospital and department guidelines, including exam performed, billing, film labeling, computer entry, etc. Performs other clerical duties as necessary (place orders, retrieve files, schedule patients, etc.)
3.Clinical, Information: Obtains patient clinical information which may affect diagnostic testing including allergy history, pregnancy, etc. Documents and communicates this information to the appropriate clinical staff and Radiologist.
4. Competency/Training: Maintains clinical competency assuming responsibility for upgrading skills through participation in in-service education, maintaining necessary department competencies and other continuing education activities. Participates in the training of departmental team members and students in a willing manner.
5. Infection Control: Assists MD and other staff in preparing for and performing procedures consistently, following sterile technique, infection control guidelines and department standards.
6. Workflow: Evaluates personal and department work volume and flow to insure efficient departmental patient care. Prioritizes work according to urgency and resources. Responds effectively in emergency situations. May act as supervisor in absence of department supervisor.
7. Quality Control/Quality Improvement: Understands and implements department quality control/quality improvement plans performing QC/QI activities as assigned. Demonstrates knowledge of National Patient Safety Goals and utilizes the standards throughout their workday and when coming in contact with all patients.
8. .Resource Utilization: In all duties, uses supplies and resources efficiently and cost effectively. May be responsible for specific inventory and stocking of supplies. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of department
AHMC- Seton Medical Center has a long tradition of providing patient-centered, quality care and a commitment to clinical excellence and our community. Founded in 1893, the 357-bed medical center now serves 1.5 million residents of San Francisco and northern San Mateo County with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical specialties, as well as emergency and urgent care services. Its sister facility, Seton Coastside, is a 116-bed skilled nursing complex offering inpatient care and the only 24-hour standby Emergency Department on the Pacific Coast between Daly City and Santa Cruz. We pride ourselves on improving the health and well-being of our patients, community, and populations, we serve with high quality community partnerships, and continuous innovation to our health care delivery system and this is why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to deliver the safest and highest quality patient-centered care